1. "'You love me. Real or not real?'
I tell him, 'Real.'" - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
2. “Our bodies aren't strangers,' he said, his voice ragged. 'Our spirits aren't strangers'.
He held her face in his hands. 'Tell me what part of me is stranger to you and I'll destroy that part of me.'
And she wept to hear his words.” - Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta.
3. "For a moment, I believe, there was stillness. A shocking realisation by all things - beetles, dormice, the spiders spinning their webs in the moonlight, even the hot metal of the tracks and the wind in the trees - that Death had just shrieked past like a stinking black eagle and made off with a remarkable man." - Stuart: A Life Backwards by Alexander Masters.
4. "Mum says when wanting collides with getting, that's the moment of truth. I want to collide. I want to run right into Shadow and let the force spill our thoughts so we can pick each other up and pass each other back like piles of shiny stones." - Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley.
5. "Here my last love had died." - Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh.
6. "He shook hands with Margaret. He knew it was the first time their hands had met, though she was perfectly unconscious of the fact." - North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.
7. "Gilbert, waiting for her in the hall below, looked up at her with adoring eyes. She was his at last, this evasive, long-sought Anne, won after years of patient waiting. It was to him she was coming in the sweet surrender of the bride. Was he worthy of her? Could he make her as happy as he hoped? If he failed her - if he could not measure up to her standard of manhood - then, as she held out her hand, their eyes met and all doubt was swept away in a glad certainty. They belonged to each other; and, no matter what life might hold for them, it could never alter that. Their happiness was in each other's keeping and both were unafraid." - Anne's House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery.
8. “I woke up and the last piece of my heart disappeared. I opened my eyes and I felt it go.” - This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers.
9. "'Who am I, that you should love me?''You are My Queen,' said Eugenides. She sat perfectly still, looking at him without moving as his words dropped like water into dry earth.
'Do you believe me?' he asked.
'Yes,' she answered.
'Do you love me?'
'I love you.'
And she believed him.” - The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner.
10. “This will be a new amputation. You've been a part of my flesh, underneath all my skin. Your removal will bleed and leave me lame for a time.” - All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry.